Why work harder when you can work smarter? Our Tools Series will show you our favorite tools to get more work done in less time. Keen to learn more? Let’s get started!
Tired of having to manually create field after field? We have the solution for you! With the Fieldcreator App, you are able to create mutiple fields at once, saving you hours of valuable time. How does it work? Let’s take a look.
Step by step guide
- Browse to fieldcreator.herokuapp.com – (Created by Ben Edwards)
- Select the right environment and log in to your org.
- Make sure to extend or check the session timeout settings of the org you log in with. The field creator tool applies the same session timeout window. Your settings can be found in Setup > Users > Profiles > Session Settings.
- Query the list of objects. Select the object for which you want to add fields
- Fill in Label, Name and field Type
- Set field options: click “edit” under options to set field length, description, help text, and whether the field is required or unique.
- Set profile assignment: click “edit” under profile to assign read & edit rights to the relevant profiles. This setting can be applied to all fields.